What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Antics






Ineke, the Connect Four champion of the wooooorrrrllllldddddd!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Judah asked Andrew "Can I pleeeease have a piggybank ride?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(The backstory: after having washed her hands after an encounter with a rotten egg, we were all in the van on the way to church.)
Judah calls from the backseat- "I still smell rotten egg!" to which Adele' replies, in all seriousness, "I washed my hands!  It must be Mama's armpit thing!"

I do keep my deodorant in the glove box and tend to only remember to put it on for church- but I refuse to believe it smells anything like rotten eggs.  OR maybe she was referring to my armpits without deodorant?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Judah: "Oh no!  The mums got frost bites!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Corynn is growing so old (and she likes to believe, wise) that the funny-isms are few and far between.  But every now and again I catch one.

Having had a failed tooth extraction the day before, when I asked Corynn to change Ineke's diaper for me she replied in a truly Anne Shirley sort of way " Oh, but I can't!  I'm INVALID.  Er... I mean an INFIDEL.  Er....I mean...."

"I believe you mean INFIRMED.  Now, go change that diaper!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Describing the mutations of genes in hyenas- and specifically, the birth canal being too long and thin to safely deliver pups, Corynn referred to it instead as a root canal.  The aforementioned tooth issues must have been on her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After having gone to the drugstore for a prescription, Adele' spotted the bag on the table and said "Oh look!  Mama has been to the drunk store again!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Especially, "I'm an infidel."