What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Belated

Speaking of birthdays~ I was a terrible birthday blogger this year- waiting to blog the photos until one thing or another happened-and then it never did.  I don't remember what that 'thing' was- probably just getting a 'nice' photo of the children for their birthdays instead of the 'action shots' I usually take of them.  I do remember wanting very much to usher in Corynn's 'teenage' years with a zinnia and cosmo flower crown.  But the idea was lost with the frost.  

So I never ended up blogging ANY of the childrens' birthday pictures this year.  Well, that won't do!

Soooo...from oldest pictures to newest I give you......

Andrew's birthday in April. (sheesh)

ack!  Look at how small Ineke was back then!  Whaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
He desperately needed socks and underwear so I had bought some for him right before his birthday.  As a joke, I wrapped them up as a gift and the sweetness just melted me when he was actually thankful and happy with them as a gift.


And an actual birthday wish was a box of straws.  I kid you not.  He loves building things with them- think 'Arthur and the Invisibles'.


Adele' painted him a freezer paper stencil shirt in honor of his newest obsession~deer.  I love freezer paper stencils because children can make really great looking projects that don't look kid-made but actually are.  We go that route a lot.  ;-)
His requested dinner was soup (Potato Corn chowder) and I only remember that because I remember making antler breadsticks to go with it.
The cake was supposed to look like  an antler drop on a log.  The 'antler' was made with white chocolate and butter made into a 'clay'.  (It was kinda delicious.)




Corynn and Judah's birthday in September (that wasn't THAT long ago since, you know, life happens at lightspeed)

 It so happened their birthday fell on a Friday night (pizza night 'round here) so we made it special by having a make-your-own personal pan pizza party.

Oh- I remember those bowls of cucumbers and tomato lined tables everywhere. Sigh.  I would love a fresh cucumber right about now.



Judah's requested 'Pond Cake':


You can see the tootsie roll cattails better from here.  A favorite feature.  ;-)


The only thing that Corynn requested for her cake was that it would include Fruit Roll Ups:







Judah's birthday wish was a backpack and binoculars.  I also him this book, which we both love and went along with the pond theme quite nicely if I do say so myself.

Corynn got scrapbooking supplies and books.   Her most favorite gift (though books always rate highly) was given to her by Grandma and Grandpa.  They decided a 13th birthday ought to be an extra special one and splurged knocked her socks off with some horseback riding lessons!  It was the gift that kept on giving- and made her 13th birthday summer sweet with memories.

And that gets us up to date just in time for Ineke turning one in just a couple weeks!  ACK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your cakes!!!! amazing. fruit roll-up flowers? yes, please. gorgeous.

and speaking of gorgeous, corynn's smiles! what a lovely young woman.

and your wee baby girl in the photo with the cucumbers ... time flies, yes?

admiringly,
b in va

Amy Marie said...

You are my birthday party heroine. :)

Full of Grace said...

All of their cakes were so Creative and So Them! :) Beautiful Job Rebecca as always, is there anything you cannot do?