What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Little Bit of Pretty

 I am sensitive to the fact that, while *I* signed up for writing reviews this year for Schoolhouse Review, *you* certainly didn't sign up for reading them.  And it kind of bothers me a bit to have less-than-aesthetically-pleasing reviews in my happy, pretty place.  Because of this, I try to get up a post just as quickly as I can after a "review" post in order to make my 'place' happy and pretty again.  And my readers too.  ;-)

And you- I hope you know that you do not need to read my review posts unless you are truly interested in hearing about that particular product.  I put "REVIEW" in the title of each review post I do so that you can secretly (or blatently) skip those posts if you so choose.  ;-)  I won't think less of you. 

So- in an effort to re-beautify the place, I give you... eggs!  And a glass-skinned lady!  And a certain little grin that I hold dear.  And...well, that's all. 


I am happy to report that our chickens are beginning a slow and steady return to work and just in time too.  I ran out of eggs this week and have wondered just how I'd make it through.  I have been positively DESPERATE for an egg breakfast!


If you look closely, some of those idyllic looking eggs are actually cracked.  :-( This blustery, frigid weather does that sometimes. 

No worries.  It just means I get to eat eggs for breakfast tomorrow.  ;-)
 


See you tomorrow with Finances on Friday.  (FOF to the cool people.)

8 comments:

Miranda Hupp said...

I always feel the same way. I LOVE doing the reviews but I hate to bother my readers if they are not interested.

We are slowly getting more eggs too. Now that ours are not getting stolen by Mr.Skunk. ;)

I am hoping to join you tomorrow for FOF. We shall see.

stephaniegiese said...

I personally never mind reviews as a reader. I've found some very cool products that way!

Julian said...

Pettiness! Thankyou for sharing. Oh I love your new gloves! Christina

Anonymous said...

Thank you Rebecca. Your blog is truly enjoyable!
Catherine

Rhonda said...

Very pretty indeed!

We are city folk who like country eggs, our country friends we buy eggs from just told us their hens are starting to lay again and we should be getting some good country eggs soon too.

Lisa said...

Our chickens have just started to lay too. We got 8 yesterday. We had to get a few dozen from our neighbor. his are younger than ours,and we also bartered some goat's milk for a dozen. The bartering is a deal for all!

BajaManna said...

No need to apologize for your review posts - it's a gift to you to have the opportunity to access more schooling resources, and we who don't have small children can easily "turn the page" whenever a blog post doesn't appeal. I read a lot of blogs by moms who are currently home schooling and who (reasonably enough) occasionally have posts on that topic. I don't take it amiss - you don't blog for me alone, and I don't expect every post you do to be pertinent to me.

Cathy said...

FOF to the cool people--that's funny. Love the eggs and striped towel.