What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, December 30, 2013

On the 5th Day of Christmas


...we had the Newman side of the family Christmas.

Whooooooo-weeeeee.

Now that all the Christmas gift exchanges are through (except a few little treats from Mama here and there for the 12 Days of Christmas), we are left with what comes AFTER:  The house is totally trashed right about now and I am feeling the overwhelming urge to purge, purge, purge (this, after the children already chose three toys each to donate to Salvation Army BEFORE Christmas-a tradition of ours.)

Nobody stop by unexpectedly in the next day or two.  Or do, but I can't guarantee you a place to walk  ;-)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh I like that tradition... Need to purge here too, but I would like to have a better toy keeping system set up first. (Which makes it sound like we're drowning in them, but from what I've observed of others we've visited, we only have about 1/3 of what seems to be "normal".)

Stefanie said...

I have a system, the kids dumped all the fabric cubes out while I was nursing.
Oh well, I'm on the same page here.
You made me feel better, like I am not the only one mustering up courage to face toy land this month.

Rebecca said...

Bonnie- the same is true with us. We have far less on the toy scale than most people. I guess it is just that we have a lower tolerance, must be.

PS. I will get over to your blog to comment on your handmade goodness. Soon. But first I must make a path.

Stephanie- the best laid plans. And then, fabric cubes! ha!