What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, July 12, 2013

Redneck SlipNSlide

This post just screams "You might be a redneck", but I told you before- when it comes to cooling off, we aren't picky.  Tarps will do.

Though I will say, our old houses' "slipNslide" had a WAY better slope!  As you can see, they didn't mind too much.









What was really funny was the first time I brought it out- Judah, having never had a real experience with slipNslides tried to follow his big brothers' lead.  But, while Andrew propelled his body forward and landed on a slick, watered surface and flew down the tarp, laughing all the way- Judah just bellyflopped on a dry spot.  and THUD.

I think it might put me right in the category of BAD MOM to admit it, but it was HILARIOUS.

I was laughing hysterically while he tried to decide why everybody thought it was so fun...when all it was for him was painful.

He eventually caught on.



5 comments:

Miranda Hupp said...

I can not believe how big Judah is getting! Wow!

We are rednecks here too! Whatever works, right? :)

Unknown said...

We have a redneck swimming pool as of yesterday when Hannah took a tarp and lined the sandbox with it and filled it up. It's funny- she sees pool, I see mosquito breeding ground. Then she'll come show me every single bite she gets and I'll have to pretend I'm sympathetic. Oh well, I guess it's better than her version of a redneck slipnslide since we have no hills she takes the hose to the top of the slide and lets the water run down and floods the backyard. Ah, summer.

Rebecca said...

Miranda- whatever works! (I very nearly jumped in the other day too!)

Quinn-Now THAT is a slipNslide! She's a clever pool maker too. The one thing about our slip and slide is that there is a 10 minute time limit so we don't empty our well. That would really stink! But after 10 minutes or so, your belly starts to get sore anyway and you have properly cooled off to boot! :-)

Louise said...

I love it!

Abigail said...

I remember the good ol' days of tarp slip-n-slides. I never tried a proper one until I was nearly 18! So much for culture...