What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Friday Happenings

Still eating the stevia
  • Made breakfast ( scrambled eggs)
  • starting the cooking down process for the tomatoes and stirred throughout the day
  • made a triple batch of homemade laundry soap (that should last me a bit!)
  • did three loads of laundry throughout the day, hung to dry
  • jarred up the "sun-dried" tomatoes from last night
  • sorted through and put away all the stuff I crammed into the dryer right before last weekends' party.  (What?  Isn't that what dryers in the summertime are FOR?!?)
  • repaired a book
  • worked on a puzzle with Adele'
  • untangled yarn skeins that Judah tangled and hauled around the upstairs (thank you for that, Judah.)
  • made lunch (leftover stew and crackers) and read Bible to children
  • When children went down for rest time, I headed to the Granary to keep working in there.  Spent 2.5 hours out there- got a few cool weather things for a few of the children (totally not done.) and continued to organize.  The bins are now sorted by gender and in chronological ages/size.  The time got cut short when I heard Andrew call "Mama!  Judah is out of bed!" and I said "Well, tell him to get back INTO bed." to which he replied "I can't.  He is at the treehouse!"  Well then.  I guess rest time was over.
  • Took kitchen garbage outside and replaced the bag.
  • Got all the laundry from the line
  • Brought in all the dried tomato dishes from yesterday (I washed them outside and left them to dry)
  • Made snack for childer.
  • Emptied all the vases around the house (all nine of them!) and then replaced them with a few fresh ones.  (I can sense that the end of the season of fresh (and abundant) flower vases scattering the house is drawing near.  sniff)
  • Made pizza dough and set it to rise for supper-- It's pizza and a movie night after all!
  • washed day dishes (and jars for canning) and set the canning pot on to boil
  • Canned the spaghetti sauce.  Turned out to be 10 qts. canned with sauce left for the fridge and pizzas.
  • Made supper (veggie pepperoni pizza and plain cheese pizza, carrot sticks and wheat berry salad.)  Watched family movie.  (Around the World in 80 Days)
  • Did dishes (again.) 
  • Tucked kiddos into bed
  • vacuumed living room rugs
  • folded laundry while Matt and I watched a "grown up" movie after the kids went to bed.  (Mrs. Brown)

2 comments:

Leah T. said...

I never thought of using the dryer! LOL

I'm working on sorting through our clothes too. I'm thankful for the cooler weather but I don't want summer to over quite yet.

Oh, I saw this today and thought you might be interested! http://www.freehomeschooldeals.com/free-little-house-in-the-big-woods-lapbook-project-pack/ I got it for our family just this morning. It's only free for the rest of today and tomorrow, though. I'm sure Bonnie and a few other might be interested, too. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hollace said...

What a busy and productive day you had! You are a blessing to your family!