What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day


On Valentines Day....


There was plenty of baking sweet treats in the kitchen, decorating the house with hearts, and a fancy pink and white homemade cake for dessert.




There were plenty of wax-sealed love notes to go around (Papa couldn't wait!) and heart blankets brought out from the dressers.



Mama got lovely roses and a box of chocolates and the children had a sweet party with friends in the evening.


Even Grandma had a new PINK Valentine project to start in her favorite spot: warm and snuggly by the fireplace and Grandpa.


The Dolls had a splendid day.

(sorry about the very poor photos...sadly, there is only one spot for our wall-sized dollhouse and that is in the darkest possible spot in the house-the darkest of dark hallway.)

As for me, it was a splendidly ordinary day except the children and I lingered longer at the books before bedtime and after they were settled in for the night, I had a glass of wine and two Lindt chocolates in bed.

Happy Valentines Day! Hope yours was grand.

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

So very Tasha! (and boy does a glass of wine sound good)
I made a fancy(ish) dinner and key-lime pie.

Catie said...

Love the dollhouse. :) Our V Day was uneventful, too. We don't really celebrate it. I always feel like a cad when I say that, but *hopefully* you know what I mean. :)

What's your favorite wine? :) Mine *right now* is Malbec. :) In the summer, I drink more whites, though.

Btw, Amy mentioned you use the "Classical Homeschooling" method--I'd be interested in any of your thoughts. I'll check around on your blog for posts about it. :)

Tracy said...

Sometimes ordinary days stick in our minds more than what others consider special occasions. Looks like the doll family had quite a nice time!

Sadly, wine gives me a headache, but your chocolate sounds good.

xo,
Tracy

Tracy said...

Forgot! I have your old address, but not the new...would you mind sending it to me? You can email me at 5redhens@gmail.com I've had a letter in the works for a while! (And maybe, just maybe, a goodie, too!)

ulli said...

Love the doll house and the Valentine story! Glad you spent extra time with the kiddos before bed, and had some wine and chocolate! I bought myself a small bunch of tulips. :)

Mary said...

My hubby was not in town as he had to travel for work :/. We sent each other silly texts and emailed each other cheesy love songs from you tube all day long. Sounds silly, but that is something we do not just on Valentine's but every time he travels.
I made cookies with the children, and froze some dough for him. Put the children to bed and skyped with hubby while we both ate dinner in beds that were in two different cities :).
This is not the first Valentine's we spent apart, neither will it be the last. But like you I don't need a holiday like Valentine's to make my hubby feel special. I do it all year round when he is at home and when he is not, employ techbology to do so.

Catie said...

Disregard the wine question--I read the previous post. :)

Cathy said...

Great pictures of the dollhouse. I can imagine your kids having fun setting it up. And that glass of wine and two Lindt chocolates. Yes, please!

Rebecca said...

Bonnie~ key lime pie? yum-o

Catie~ I don't know what the previous post told you-I don't remember saying anything about the wine-but I love sweet wines. Red Cat is really good. I had one called White Christmas that night. The last of the bottle.

Tracy~ I emailed you as fast as I possibly could. Lightning speed, really. The thought of snail mail gives me goosebumps of excitement!

Ulli~ tulips! ahhhhhh. I LOVE tulips!

Mary~ that sounds like bliss. Your husband sounds like the hopeless romantic we all long for.

Cathy~ well come on over!

Unknown said...

Hubby brought me tulips and a lovely card! I gave all my sweet valentines some chocolate...we kissed each and said Happy Valentine's all day... ;)

The dollhouse is ADORABLE!!

Abigail said...

Lucky dolls.

And TWO Lindt chocolates? C'mon, sister...I need to teach you how to consume chocolate.

Brave souls demand at least three-- and that's the very LEAST!