What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, May 20, 2011

FotoFridayFun

(and yes, I know how to spell photo.)

Wanna share your favorite photo of the week?

Or maybe a few shots of last weeks' challenge BEAUTY IN THE UGLY?

I took pictures of ripped up lace, aluminum foil, a few messy craft projects and even CRUMBS on a pan in an effort to get something beautiful out of ugly and, well, it didn't work. AT. ALL.

Then, I was out doing chores this morning and lamenting over the overgrown yard full of wet, pitiful looking dandelion heads and it all came together from there. I love it when that happens.

Here is some BEAUTY in the ugly~




We have a wee little pushmower and a HUGE yard that needs to be split into fifths and those portions rotated in order to get it all done. Basically, we have to mow a bit every day and by the end of the week we need to start again. Well, it has been raining for about a week now making mowing impossible and grass/weeds shoot up. I hate to think of all the dandelion seeds sown this week. argh.

While I was out, this little guy came to say hello.


He was a super fellow and let me get a picture of him hopping away.



And this lady? Well, only a mother could love a face like that...but she does give us the most beautiful seafoam green eggs. She happens to be my favorite of the bunch.



Can't wait to see your contributions!




If you are looking for some inspiration for this week, how about using the theme GROW?

11 comments:

Bill & Stacy said...

Great Pictures as always. I think your chicken is beautiful. We have one just like her and I LOVE her green eggs!

Abigail said...

Such beautiful pictures!

Can you give YOURSELF an award for Foto Friday? (As the founder, maybe you could bend the rules a bit...)

Our Peculiar Lives said...

Those are just beautiful! I really love the dandylion seeds ones - just gorgeous!

Alida Sharp said...

Love your photos!

Terri said...

Love your photos! Too funny that we had the same idea about chickens.

gina said...

Such great photos, do you still use the canon xt? with the lens that came with it? what mode do you normally shoot in? i have the same camera and i can't get my pics to look that good!!!

momawake said...

I love all your pictures!
I've been so not with it when it comes to Foto Friday. I'll have to see if I can get back in the groove.

Unknown said...

Great photos, Rebecca! I guess we both had a "hopping" time with this challenge! ;) I love your frog ones! So crisp, clear, cool!!!

Jennifer said...

Your photos are great. I like the soggy dandelion ones. They are so unique....I think close up pictures can do wonders to things and give you totally different perspectives than when you are just looking at something.

....and to answer your question form last week....NO, I never take for granted the beautiful mountains around me. It seems like every day I stand in awe of them and drink in the beauty. I love living in the mountains.....

Unknown said...

All of your photos are amazing! Love the chicken...she's beautiful in my eyes! I adore all the different colors and patterns that chickens have... And the dandelion...took me a minute to realize what it was!

Julieann said...

Loved ALL the photos:)

Thank you for sharing:) I think your chicken is adorable!

Julieann