What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

He roared


I woke up on Sunday morning to the sound of rain and whipping wind. What a lovely sound, one I haven't woken up to in quite some time. And in just one sound, I realized how very much I have been missing summer storms. Even just RAIN. I looked outside and all the snow was gone and earth, lovely earth, made me linger long at the window.

Within a few hours, though, the Lion arrived, and with much pomp and circumstance.


Unfortunately, we had gone a'visitin' and got caught in the middle of it. Fortunately, though the situation was clearly quite perilous, we were shown great mercy and made it safely home.

Ever since, we have felt quite buried alive. Especially since the roof shed its wintercoat right on our doorstep.



Chores have become great fun. If hauling two full five-gallon buckets in snow that makes your feet fall down until the snow reaches your knees (which then causes the water to splash all over your legs) sounds like a good time to you.






6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Wow, you weren't kidding you got a blizzard!
I just dug out a coat nearly identical to Adele's for Miss Muffle Puffle, I'm hoping it will fit this coming winter (ugh, not even out of the current winter and already thinking about next).
Recipes will be in your in-box this evening!

JHS said...

I feel a bit guilty--sitting in South Texas and contemplating turning on the air conditioning today... Really, I do!

Wow.

That is an incredible amount of snow. I'm praying for Spring to come to your heart, if not your home today!

Also praying for you as your house/chore work becomes much more difficult on wintery days. :(

Stacey said...

Yea, I'm warm in Southeast TX, myself. That's a ridiculous amount of snow. Oh, and you have beautiful handwriting!

Trisha said...

Wow...enjoy that last snow (perhaps last?) We just got some yesterday, but it was gone in hours. These are great pictures!

LFlores said...

I was thinking the same thing about the A/c in my car... should i turn it on or keep it off and save gas? So i kept it off and rolled my windows down =]

I love living in Phoenix. =]

Hope the snow goes away soon!

-LauraD

Abigail said...

I love that top picture of Adele'.

It's as if she packaged all of her appeal into one single expression.